December 28, 2006

5 Things You Hate About Me

So apparently the whole "get to know you" email thing has made its way to the blog-o-sphere and I've been tagged by my theological comrade, Mike, who is now going by Mick, I think. Anyway, I'll begrudgingly follow through with this, but know that everyone of you lectionary...go! folk are being tagged in the process.

1. I broke my shoulder when I was fifteen doing a cartwheel. Yep, a cartwheel. After a comeback from 4-0 to a 5-4 win in a pointless rec soccer game, I celebrated by doing a cartwheel. Apparently I planted my hand incorrectly, and since my tendons were actually stronger than my growth plates at the time, I broke my shoulder. It was not fun.

2. I'm a product of second shift parenting. While my mom was pregnant and in my earliest years my dad worked second shift (4-12). I am fully convinced that my body's clock is permanently altered because of it. I'm still most comfortable sleeping from 2am until 10 or 11. This begin up and active at 8 stuff is for the birds.

3. I voted for George W. Bush twice. People who know this ask, "why?". My response is, and will forever be, I WANT MY SOCIAL SECURITY PRIVATIZED. Stupid partisan politics, this removal of the federal government from my retirement account was the best idea this administration has had... grrrr.

4. I'm a denominational journeyman. Baptized Roman Catholic. Confirmed Episcopalian. Renewed Evangelical (Young Life). Married Presbyterian. And finally, back home in an Episcopal Seminary. This is why I can't buy into the "we're so much better" denominational snobbery that thrives on the Holy Hill.

5. This summer I was forced to come to terms with two irrational fears: heights and bugs. Standing chest deep in a ditch made the bug thing disappear quickly. While my fear of heights persists, I feel I can overcome it since standing on my tiptoes on a 4ft step laddar on the extension platform of a scissor-lift at nearly full height.

So there you have it. More fuel for the fire. Merry Christmas, a happy New Year, and blessings on those pesky GOEs. Oh that reminds me, Peter @ GOEfun, you are tagged also.

No comments: