September 11, 2006

a bored seminarian?

So it seems as though I should change the name of this blog. If there is one thing I'm not this year its "bored". Between classes, meetings, the ciricle, saturday trips, and field ed I'm working my ass off (which I could stand to do a little more of by way of exercise if you catch my drift).

Anyway I've had enough time to keep up with reading through my google homepage every day (although academic texts are still on the back burner) and I have to say I haven't been this intrigued by the events of a month ever. Between Bishop Wimberly's meeting of "Windsor Bishops", the Archbishop of Canterbury's requested meeting led by Bishop Lee and Bishop Iker and the Global South Conference things certainly are moving forward (all that's missing is a meeting of Progressive Christians - though I may have missed that one on my radar).

The Times had an interesting article regarding the "two-church solution" which I've been assuming isn't going to happen, but if, like it said, ++Williams is planning on inviting everyone (yes, that means +Robinson and ++Akinola) to Lambeth in '08 it might be the only way.

The "two-church solution" leads to lots and lots of questions. First and foremost in my mind is who gets brought back into the fold in The Conservative Episcopal Church USA? Will AMiA be back? Will the Reformed Episcopal Church be back? Secondly, will they agree on woman's ordination? Further, will they agree on the Book of Common Prayer? Much to discern.

And so I continue to pray for the Unity of the Church.
Almighty Father, whose blessed Son before his passion prayed
for his disciples that they might be one, as you and he are one:
Grant that your Church, being bound together in love and
obedience to you, may be united in one body by the one Spirit,
that the world may believe in him whom you have sent, your
Son Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in
the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. (BCP, 255
)

No comments: