September 30, 2006

Taking A Break

Well whether or not it was sacrilege, adding Jesus to my friends' list put me in the hospital for 2 days and brought me home minus my appendix. While the percoset wears off I'm going to take a break from rational and coherent thought and just thank God for his grace, his healing power, and for my awesome wife who takes such good care of me, an grouchy patient indeed.

While I'm on hiatus, I wanted to pass along this post by Diana Butler-Bass, a former professor of mine at VTS, on Jim Wallis blog on belief-net. It really hits to the core of what it means to be "emergent." Enjoy fellow Red-Letter Christians.

1 comment:

Mike Croghan said...

Dude, I'm sorry! I had mine out in my early 20's. Not a real pleasant experience.... Tina and I were engaged at the time, and she took really good care of me too, as she always has. That was one of two times in our lives that I vomited on her, and she occasionally reminds me that she still owes me payback.... :-) (How's that for a great topic for your blog comments?)

Great article from DBB, too, thanks!

Peace,
Mike