October 19, 2009

the journey continues

The story of Blind Bartimaeus is a well known story. There are bits of a song about Blind Bartimaeus running through my head; though I can't really tell if it is a real song.

Anyway, I'm preaching on Sunday for the first time in a month. I've been in charge of getting five15 into some sort of rhythm in the last few weeks. And so I'm getting back into the pattern of Sunday preaching; jumping back on the journey with Jesus. And what I'm noticing here is that Mark, as usual, doesn't allow us to sit and bask in the glory of Jesus healing the son of Timaeus. Instead, we hear that "Immediately, he regained his sight and followed [Jesus] on the way."

That has me wondering, what healing, what restoration, what return to wholeness God has done in your life that has allowed you to follow him on the way? As I look back over my faith journey; from three-year-old in Sunday school to 29-year-old priest - I'm thinking that the biggest healing God did in my life was to heal me of envy and the love of money. If he hadn't, I'd probably be a laid off middle manager today. Instead, I am blessed to follow him on the way.

What is your healing story?

No comments: