February 23, 2007

The Whole World Changed

With this Email from my bishop:

Steve,
Most certainly. I would love to have you in our diocese, and you are
presently canonically a candidate of this diocese and your first obligation
is here. However, as I am trying to figure things out here, I would not wish
to deny you access to appropriate opportunities in other places. So you do
have my permission to explore with others, understanding that the first
right of refusal is here in CPA.

+Nathan

I have to admit I didn't see this coming until about Tuesday of this week. So I'm now in frantic panic mode as Cassie and I discern where we might like to live, if there are jobs in those areas, and how to go about applying. I'd love your prayers and encouragement over the next few weeks as Cassie and I, as well as the diocese work at discernment.

1 comment:

Eliz F said...

You are going to be amazing wherever you are called. Let me know what I can do besides pray! And let me know if Southern Virginia is a place you and Cassie would like to explore!