June 15, 2007

i feel like i do this often

Apologize for not writing more, that is. I'm not really sure who I am apologizing to when I do this; Me for not taking my spiritual life more seriously? God for not taking as much time as I'd like on our relationship? You, the reader, for not giving you anything to read on a day-to-day basis? I dunno, I'm just sorry. Probably for all these reasons, I'm sorry.

My excuse this time is moving. The packers came yesterday and 4 hours later left us with 93 boxes scattered throughout 930 square feet (thats 10 square feet of space per box + 2 adults + 3 cats + furniture). Needless to say we've been a little busy here.

The truck was supposed to come and load this morning, but dispatch called yesterday to ask if Saturday would be OK. Before I could reach Cass to get an answer the driver called to confirm for Saturday, so I guess it was OK. It actually works out well. I have a couple coming this morning to talk about their wedding which is coming up in October, so not having the movers here works quite well.

I hope that once I get back into a routine things will settle down some. I hope that once I have an office and a job where prayer and sermon preparation are a part of the gig I'll be back full force to reflect on the scriptures, on where God is in my life, and generally on life itself.

Please pray for safe travel and for sanity for Cassie as she listens to screaming kitties for 16 hours.

1 comment:

Mike Croghan said...

Praying for safe travel indeed! And *much* sympathy for Cassie with the screaming kitties. :-)

We're gonna miss you in these parts, Steve! But I'm looking forward to hearing about the next step in your journey.

Peace,
Mike