December 11, 2007

3 years ago friday

I noticed last night that a facbook/seminary friend's status read "... is missing Adam, again." I glanced over it the first time, but then it hit me that she might be referencing an event that shaped seminary for so many of us. Not having cold weather has led me to not think about the various things that go along with the holiday season. Among those things that I almost missed was the third anniversary of the sudden death of my flag football coach and an overall star follower of Christ, Adam Goren.

I am thankful to my friend for bringing this anniversary to my attention. Adam and his laugh joined the heavenly choir December 14, 2004. I am also grateful that my thinking about Adam led me to a blog post by a former employee of VTS who reflected on his death the day of. It is a great post and I share it with those who read this blog who knew Adam for their own remembrance. It is here.

1 comment:

Peter Carey said...

SP, thanks for this post, ...I am so consumed with (silly) details that I overlooked the date...
PC