January 6, 2007

i'll nap to that

The Psalter has been prayed by Jews and Christians for over two millennia. Yet Psalms like 58 and 59 are full violent and vengeful imagery. How can these Psalms be offered as authentic Christian prayer.

Wait for it... wait for it... BAM!

That is the sound of my head slamming off the back of my cubicle. Are they serious? This is the final GOE question? Do they want me to be praying like the Psalmist that their teeth may be crushed? Honestly.

Whatever. I wrote an answer that is half exegesis paper, half nonsensical apology for angry prayer, and the GOEs are over. I'm done. The readers can do and say what they will, but I am done with the GOEs. 7 canonical areas of fun are complete, and I'm exhausted.

I came home and Cassie, bless her heart, had torn down Christmas and was knee deep in a spring cleaning (it was 72 today). We ran some errands, I ate lunch, and then I slept, hard. Now I'm awake, ready to head back to the seminary to process over drinks with my comrades in typing. Then, I'll sleep some more.

It honestly felt good to be done. The weight I felt lift from my shoulders as I graduated both high school and college lifted again today. No matter what the readers think, I feel good about the answers I wrote, and am thankful for friends and family surrounding me during this time as well as professors who have given me a top notch theological education.

Thanks for the prayers over the past 5 days, please know they were felt and appreciated. God bless you and a happy Feast of the Epiphany!

No comments: