April 23, 2008

Desperate Housewives Go To Church?

Abandon Image: Desperate Housewives Go To Church?

This will be the source of conversation for next week's "New Face of American Christianity" Email, but since only 7 people are on that particular list, I wanted to share this blogpost with a wider audience.

Two things are worth note.

1- "The church is a place for answers, not for questions." (att. to Bree Van De Camp) is, I think, the MO of the Modern Church, but things they are a-changin'

2- The comments conversation surrounding the use of Desperate Housewives on a "theological" blog and the merits of TV in general are fascinating. Clearly I am not of the TV is bad camp, and I get offended when others insinuate that I am either dumb or not a real Christian because I enjoy American Idol, but the conversation is worth pondering.

No comments: