August 30, 2010

All Star Week

There are some weeks when I honestly consider preaching a piece of the liturgy (the Collect, the Lord's Prayer, what-have-you) because the lessons are so abstract or difficult that I don't really want to bother with them. This week, however, (I'm not preaching, of course) every text is a great one; yep even the Psalms.

Jeremiah 18 - the great potter/clay analogy - how awesome would it be to have a potter throw a pot on a wheel to show this in real time and real life?

Psalm 139 (selected verses) - "Lord, you have searched me and known me" - how good does it feel to know that God really knows you.

Deuteronomy 30 - two words "Choose Life"

Pslam 1 - just so good

Philemon - a 25 verse book (my kind of book) that we read 21 verses of (???) that is rich with lessons of relationships.

Luke 14 - the true cost of discipleship. I'd invite a contractor to show a blueprint and list all the various costs (s)he has to think of when estimating a project.

I'm looking forward to hearing TKT's sermon once it gets posted online.

No comments: