April 20, 2010

What are you looking for?

"The works that I do in my Father's name testify to me; but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep."

It is fairly obvious, but this is the difference between those with faith and those without - the ability to, or perhaps better said, the desire to see God at work in the world about them.

Is the miracle of modern medicine strictly human progress or God at work through his creation?

Was that nagging voice that told me to go to Pittsburgh my Sophomore year me being to lazy to put a spring break trip together or God at work helping me to meet my partner in ministry SHW?

Those who belong to the fold learn to see the world through a different set eyes. They learn to see God's hand at work in their lives and in the restoration of the whole creation. Those who choose not to see through those eyes, well they have their explanations too.

What are you looking for? Are you looking for God's work? Are you listening for the shepherd's voice? It is real my friends, hearken to God's voice.

No comments: