November 1, 2007

didn't see that coming

KJS continues to impress me as she claims her authority as Presiding Bishop. I was nervous in the gallery of the House of Deputies as her name was announced and person after person only said how great it was that she was a woman (which is great, but shouldn't be the only reason for her election), but having talked with some bishops and after a few years I realize very clearly that the Spirit was at work in that chapel in Columbus.

Anyway, I could say something crude here about her leadership style compared with that of her predecessor, but I shall keep this clean and say that I am glad that she is willing to stand firm in her convictions and use the powers given her in the office. Her inhibition of Bishop Bennison is probably the premier example of her willingness to go out on a limb to do what is right, and I applaud her for it.

See the news of it here.

1 comment:

Peter Carey said...

true, very true...!