November 21, 2007

God is good

Short week. Major Feast Day. Iron Bowl Hangovers. There is a lot that weighs against me as I work on a sermon for Sunday. I love the juxtaposition in the text of the penitent robber from Luke. As I prayed about what it means that Jesus is "The King of the Jews" and offers the robber a place in "paradise" (lit. the Garden) I was reminded of a post from on of my favorite seminary people, Fabs. I think I'm going to share her story "When one meets a member of the royal family..." and then reflect on the responses the robbers give to meeting a member of the royal family.

God is so good to me. In spite of myself, or rather my-self-reliance, God shines a light in the darkness.

A Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

3 comments:

Laura said...

From one fave to another, the story is yours to use. :)

Always love to hear from you, Pankey-do. So glad God's got you as a priest.

Peter Carey said...

Laura and Steve,

I loved that story, too...I may have forgotten to post a comment, but what a great story about meeting a 'royal' in Toys R Us!

Pretty good!

cj said...

Would also be nice to link to the idea of only 6 degrees of separation. It really is a small world. Also, thanks for cluing me in on Laura's blog.
It is a great story.