February 20, 2008

Plugging Tony Jones

While I do not agree with everything Tony says, I appreciate his candor and the spirit with which he argues. So I pass along to you two recommendations.

1 - Read The New Christians: Dispatches from the Emergent Frontier - I have yet to pick it up, but have read chapter one and it is grand. Please pick up a copy.

2 - Read his two-part (for now) post on Jim Wallis' God's Politics blog. It is an insightful look at why "left v. right" is being rejected by a new generation of Christians. Part 1 is here; Part 2 there

I had the pleasure of working with Tony at a National Cathedral Event last May where he laid out his 10 Dispatches and I really enjoyed them. If you are at all interested in the two taboo subjects of yesterday's post; politics and religion; you must read Tony Jones' latest stuff.

No comments: