February 22, 2008

Stages

That strange wording in the story of the thirsty Israelites that they were traveling in stages is on my mind today. I am currently sitting on a hard wooden pew in the second of three business sessions for the diocese of the central gulf coast. This is a stage that has no water, I repeat, no water!
Why did you call me here to this place called ordained ministry to kill me with church nerds!
This is not a nice thing for me to say, and I realize that, but to we all have the things which feed us and those that do not.
And while this stage is not a good one for me, for many gathered here it is a rare chance to see the larger church at work. It is a great opportunity to celebrate the ministry of this diocese and to gather and meet one another.
Anyway all that to say life is full of stages and to each one these stages mean different things. I'll look for water from some one else today.

No comments: